Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday on Tuesday

It's Tuesday again and there are beautiful light formations dancing on the ceiling.
Apart from that, the place I am is the most racist, uninteresting, and mean (in the sense of shabby and ignoble) place I've been in all of Asia.
I don't know how I'm going to make it here for another 10 months.
That's the truth.
But I have to try.

Now. . .I'll put on my positivity hat. . .

At least I'm going to Singapore, 2 days and counting (crowd says: yeah yeah we know. . .enough about Singapore already)

At least I've been invited to go on a 6am bicycle ride this weekend (chi should flow, spreading good vibes here there and everywhere)

At least I might have the possibility of volunteering at a leper colony. (a break from the superficial self-centeredness that seems endemic here)

At least it's likely I'm taking a trip to Krakatoa next weekend (volcanoes to remind me of beautiful Hawaii!).

As you can probably guess, I'm hoping that movement will effectively counteract the negative aspects of life here
hoping. . .the anti-stagnation express. . .
and trying to stick to my new motto. . .
MOVE MORE TALK LESS

My teabag note yesterday said "happiness is overcoming impossible things," and the day before that the teabag said "Life is a gift." And I say. . .isn't it true that we always end up thanking our hurdles for helping us become more gracious and broad minded creatures.

MOVE MORE TALK LESS

Wish me luck!
Over and out,
xoxoxo
Tuesday

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tuesday-Maybe you should try waking up on the other side of the bed next time. This doesn't sound like a good day. Don't let the ignorant idiots get you down. You are beautiful in so many ways. Ignore the idiots. Love you! Love Lives even in 3rd World Countries. Literally...(since you are there)

Keisha said...

I know...the other side of the bed would be nice. . .too bad mine is pushed up against the wall :-) haha

Holly said...

Tuesday,
You write wonderful stories about a miserable sounding experience! Hang in there and then write a book. You can call it "Eat..kind-of, Pray...that the year goes quickly, Love...to get back and write!" Am following your adventures with great anticipation.
XOXO Aunt Hol

Keisha said...

Thanks Aunt Hol,
Hope something comes of something. Never thought I'd be here in Indonesia. Trying to make the best of it, writing stories keeps things a bit lighter. . .ya know. xoxox

Unknown said...

mimi and mommid dearest are here reading your blog.....we need to go to a more recent posting...we are moving on from this one.....not a positive time...breathe!!!!!!