Tuesday, July 27, 2010

SINGAPORE SNAPS - Orchard Street









My first day I got caught in the charybdis of Orchard Street where all roads lead to ION. All I could do to stop from fainting was look at the trees. They're so beautiful. I paced back and forth and back and forth. . .passing this stick wielding statue (guardian of the gateway) about five times. Snapping, snaps as I saw them. . .usually of possible escape routes (aka. random office building shot above) and strange details (water railing). Went to yoga on the 18th floor (www.pureyoga.com), bought some shoes at Takashimaya, then haggard, hungry, and desperate I climbed (actually "escalatored") to the fifth floor of yet another shopping center and found solace in the dark, air-conditioned recesses of a movie theater--popcorn in hand.

No comments: