Thursday, July 15, 2010

Singapore with a Flattop


Don't even laugh. It's seriously not funny. I look like Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and I'm not even joking with you. The hairdresser couldn't bring herself to cut the top of my hair off after she shaved the sides.
I think it was too much for her.
Oh well, my horoscope this week said that I should just get the job done. . .no matter how clumsy or awkward I look doing it. I guess that means a flat top is no excuse for anything. . .beauty's on the inside. . .right???? Aw jeez.

At least I'm going to Singapore.
Next Thursday for two days only. I return on Saturday. . .but I think that's long enough to go to the zoo, the temples, the mosques, the churches, the stamp museum, the symphony, Little India, the electronics store, the science museum, and a Chinese Theater preformance. I hope anyway! It's a small town! Stay tuned for lots of photos!

I have to remember to bring insect repellent so I don't get Dengue Fever, which everyone seems to come down with at some point. Mental note for my shopping trip tomorrow. . .

Also. . .the yoga class was good. Met a beautiful and kind woman from Denver who speaks Indonesia and lives here with her Indonesian husband. They run an English library and homeschool their 3 kids. Very interesting. I went to the library and to their house. . .it was so cozy.

Took a little mini-bus home and felt liberated by the little bit of independent motion. Also, so happy to find that there is potentially more to this town than self-storage karaoke, hostesses, curtailed women, and drunk foreign men.

More yoga and more library on Saturday. . .I'll try to get some snaps!
xoxo
Carlton

P.S. If you're passing through NY or LA and want to treat yourself to a BEAUTIFUL BAG check out this website
beautiful bags and COOL MUSIC to browse the collection to. . .
www.reecehudson.com
(gracias a froufrouu.blogspot.com)

3 comments:

Suzanne Morrison said...

Have a great trip to Singapore! Sorry about the haircut . . . maybe time to invest in an electric razor of your own?

Keisha said...

Good idea!

Unknown said...

Can you dance like Carlton too? Post a picture. I have got to see your 1980's flat top. Rock it girl!