Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday on Tuesday


Kitty Kat Shuffle
Our little street friend is improving. . .
After our daily regime of saline eye washes she has TWO EYES NOW!
I wanted to snap this but she no longer sits still for photographs. . .
Instead she claws around, bites toes, and explores behind the refrigerator. . .
I think maybe she needs something to scratch on. . .

+
She's eating, using the litter box (there she goes right now. . . good girl), exploring, and has settled at last into a bed on the little towel I gave her. . .

-
She's got a big bloated tummy, doesn't drink enough water, and cries all the time (actually. . .she only cries when people are around. . . spoiled already???)

She has a funny little kitty strut as her legs kind of splay out in the back to accommodate her big belly.

Since I'm sooooooo not a cat person I did a little bit of research on what this big kitty belly could be. . .as those of you more schooled in this kind of thing will know immediately the belly is probably WORMS of the parasitic variety (not my beloved periyonix excavatus earthworm). . .

I notice this kind of belly on most of the street cats around here. . .the girls especially. . .the strong tom cats don't seem to have it . . .I guess they make sure they get the best food chunks and don't have to go around eating cat poop.

Little kitty was probably on pure poop since she lost her mama.

I was gonna make a run to the pet store for dewormer but since they sell dewormer for human babies at the pharmacy down the street. . .we'll try that. . .

Don't want those worms stealing all that valuable new-trition from this already emaciated little thing!

Oh and on a P.S. . . . . BYE BYE FLEAS. . .three flea baths, a bunch of picking, shivering, sun on the veranda, and a little bit of Dettol seemed to do the trick.

keep you posted
xoxox
Tuesday

P.S. Advice? If you know any helpful kitty hints. . .please. . .I'm all ears.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice to know that the kitty is getting better. I do think that she must be a gift from Indonesia. It's great that you got rid of all of the fleas too. Keep us updated with pictures...It looks like she doesn't have a tail. Is that correct?

Love you,
Kalli

Keisha said...

Yeah, I'm so used to it now I don't even notice. Many of the cats around here have these short little stub tails. . .must be the breed.