Thursday, September 2, 2010

Meek

meek adj.
1.enduring injury with patience and without resentment

Can't say whether or not this definition found me or I found it.
I know I wasn't looking.
Just flipping through the dictionary as I do and BAM! there was meek.

I read the definition.

I wondered.

This didn't sound like the meek I had imagined in my head.

I always wondered why the meek would inherit the earth. It seemed strange to me that only the poor, sick, and spineless would thrive.
Brave, rich people are cool too...aren't they?

But now I see. . .
meek exposed. . .
it doesn't mean weak at all does it. . .
(that's only definition number 2)

It means. . .equanimous.

I see. . .I see. . .the equanimous will inherit the earth. . .rich. . .poor. . or otherwise.

That. . .
. . .I get

. . .because what good's enlightenment if it ain't fair?

Gracias Merriam Webster.

xoxo
Tuesday

No comments: