Tuesday, May 3, 2011

4am Singapore

Depending on how you look at budget travel, it can be fun, or back-pain inducing. From my position here at 430ish am at Changi airport in Singapore the fun to back pain ratio is tilting in fun's favor. . . now that I'm no longer lying on my purse beneath a spark-emitting ceiling.

Sparks? You might ask.

Yes, very pretty actually.

Seems when you decide at around 2am that you want to go horizontal on the benches, the best spaces are already taken. . .so you wind up by the rennovations.

My trip to Honolulu is a 48ish hour epic affair. From Palembang to Jakarta, Jakarta to Singapore. I spent 13 hour in Singapore. I got to go to my favourite restaurant in Little India, this hole in the wall place called Shafira across from the Fortuna Hotel and next to the spot where everyone goes to buy gold.

I spent 5 hours at Borders reading up on how to be a producer.

Then back to the airport, stealing comfy chairs from old men and then guiltily giving them back, listening to the squeaky music of the people lifting thing as the rookie construction worker tries to put it in just the right place under the falling stars. Fell asleep for awhile. Now am at the free internet kiosk. . heading to Tokyo at 6am. . . where I continue my hunt for. . . TWEEZERS!

I have 6hours in transit so if there are tweezers in Narita Airport I will find them!

Tuesday

1 comment:

Suzanne Morrison said...

Tuesday! Nice to get an update-- are you headed to Honolulu for film festival festivities? Wish I were there right now, I could use some beautiful Hawaii right about now! xoxo