Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Long-Term Happiness

Well there is something. . .
Just like me to say I'm going to not write and then write. But just wanted to let everyone know that President Obama is here today. Not here here as in Palembang here, but here as in Indonesia here. You probably all know that though. I just listened to his speech and it was good for me. It highlighted the good parts of Indonesia rather than the petty bad parts. Especially his talk about religious tolerance.

Yesterday in one of my classes we were talking about long-term happiness. This really great boy Michael, an Indonesian Catholic and a body builder, was talking about how in order to have long term happiness every man must embrace the MOTHERSIDE of his personality and all people mus be religious, no matter what religion you are.

Maybe it's me but I found this EXTREMELY evolved for a 17 year old boy. It made me very hopeful and brought me out of a terrible funk I was in because of the ever vexing "selfishton" (selfish+simpleton) known as "Cake Breath."

Thanks to Michael for his wisdom!
xo
Tuesday

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It is very wise of Michael to think that way as a 17 year old boy. When you were 17, you too would have shared such wisdom.

Keisha said...

Thanks Kal! I think in some ways I've gotten less wise the older I get! Or maybe my wisdom plateaued at 17. . .that could be it! Haha!
xo

Anonymous said...

I have often said, "the more I know, the less I know" It's kind of a mantra of mine...glad you found some light to lead you out from the dark.
xoxo

Ernie

Tekeilla said...

I agree with Micheal. Everyone should have some sort of belief in some type higher power. It gives a sense of meaning to life.

shelley lou said...

I am loving all the comments and of course, the Keisha stories. If those screenplays are anything like your blogs, you will be a success with them. Love the stories.

Keisha said...

fingers crossed!